|Grand Red Line "L" station. Photo credit: CTA.|
A CTA employee was taken to a local hospital after being allegedly overcome by fumes.
The incident occurred around 9:33 a.m. on the Red Line at the Grand "L" station, 521 North State Street.
Water leaked into the mezzanine level of the station, and a CTA employee subsequently became ill, said one source.
The connection between the employee’s purported illness and the water leakage was not explained.
According to an unofficial report, the CTA employee was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.