CTA employee hospitalized, overcome by fumes at Red Line train station

Written By Chicago News Report on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 | 5/25/2011 10:01:00 AM

Grand Red Line "L" station. Photo credit: CTA.

A CTA employee was taken to a local hospital after being allegedly overcome by fumes.

The incident occurred around 9:33 a.m. on the Red Line at the Grand "L" station, 521 North State Street.

Water leaked into the mezzanine level of the station, and a CTA employee subsequently became ill, said one source.

The connection between the employee’s purported illness and the water leakage was not explained.

According to an unofficial report, the CTA employee was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

4 comments:

towanda said...

Anonymous said...

Skokie Swift said...

Timothy Fitz said...

Post a Comment

NOTICE: Do not post SPAM, links to other websites, website addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses.

Unless a person is a direct or indirect subject of a news article, or a public figure, do not post other people's first and last names in the forum.

**** COMMENTS THAT CONTAIN RACIST, VULGAR, OR VIOLENT REMARKS, WILL BE DELETED! ****

Furthermore, with the exception of the comments left by the blog’s administrators or editor, the opinions expressed in the comments section are the sole responsibility of the author, and do not reflect the views and opinions of the editor or the administrators of Chicago News Report.

Under federal law, we are not responsible for third party comments.